- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- peaceful garden couryard
- free Wi-Fi and computer station
- well-appointed bathrooms
- small closets and bathrooms
- room service only until 11 pm
- no fitness area, spa, or restaurant
- some interior details already look worn
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Recamier Review
This discreet boutique hotel in a quiet corner overlooking the Eglise St-Sulpice is perfect if you're seeking a romantic and cozy hideaway in the St-Germain-des-Près district. From its humble beginnings as a family-owned bed-and-breakfast, the establishment quickly made a name for itself. What this hotel lacks in space it makes up for with amenities and attentive service. The decor is a mix of 20th-century styles, with Egyptian cotton linens, plush carpeting, original artwork, and thoughtfully designed lighting. Corner rooms are the most spacious, with views of the Eiffel tower on the top three floors. Rooms overlooking the courtyard are the quietest. Complimentary afternoon tea and aperitifs are provided in the lounge, the perfect spot to indulge in a quiet Parisian moment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more