- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- excellent location on quiet street
- free Wi-Fi
- breakfast can be served in room
- rooms are relatively small for price
- breakfast area located in basement
- no restaurant or gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Thérèse Review
Tucked away from the traffic and crowds of Avenue de l'Opéra, Hotel Thérèse, named after the wife of Louis XIV, is a stone's throw from regal sites like the Louvre, Palais Royal, and the historic Comédie Française theater. The five-floor hotel offers plenty of old-world charm with its low ceilings and wrought-iron details; ambient lighting, contemporary furnishings, and amenities like flat-screen TVs, minibars, and personal safes bring things up to date. The "retro chic" design is noticeable when entering the elegant lobby, where you can sip an apéritif at the bar/lounge, browse the hotel's selection of custom-scented candles, or chat with the young, friendly staff. Walk around the quarter—you'll notice the congregation of Japanese restaurants, proximity to shops, and ease to access major tourist sites.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more