- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Porte de Vanves
Porte de Vanves Review
This smaller flea market, which lies at the southern side of the city, is a hit with the fashion and design set and specializes in smaller objects—mirrors, textiles, glassware, clothing, and collectables—as well as books, posters, antique wallpapers, and postcards. With tables sprawling along both sides of the sidewalk, there's an extravagant selection, but be sure to bargain. It's open weekends only from 8 to 5, but arrive early if you want to find real deals: the good stuff goes fast, and stalls are liable to be packed up before noon.
- Address: 14e, Southern Paris, Paris
- Metro Porte de Vanves.
- Location: Montparnasse
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
I began planning this wonderful trip last September for my husband and I. Read more
We avoided lines yesterday by taking a combination of RER B and bus 48 to the Parc des Buttes Chaumont. Read more
We had booked Paris Perfect Muscadet in the First for mid September, I got this email today, saying, basically, take it or leave it, we are offering you the Pomerol apartment because your original apartment/building Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more