This eye-catching church was the first modern house of worship built in Paris (1897–1904) and the first to be constructed of reinforced cement. Architect Anatole de Baudot's revolutionary technique defied the accepted rules at the time with its use of unsupported masonry. Critics, who failed to stop construction, feared the building would crumble under its own weight. Today the church attracts a steady flow of visitors curious about its unusual Moorish-inspired facade
of redbrick and curved arches. Note the tiny clock at the top left of the bell tower. The compact Art Nouveau interior features impressive stained-glass windows. There are free concerts and art exhibitions from time to time.