- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Musée Edith Piaf
Musée Edith Piaf Review
Devotees will appreciate the tiny two-room apartment where the "little sparrow" lived for a year, when she was 28-years old and sang in the working-class cafés on Rue Oberkampf. The flat was obtained by Les Amis d'Edith Piaf in 1978 and is now a shrine to the petite crooner, whose life-size photo (she was just 4 feet, 9 inches tall) greets visitors at the door. The red walls are covered with portraits of Piaf done by her many artist friends, and her personal letters are framed. Her books and handbags are displayed, as well as a few dresses, her size 4 shoes, and a touching pair of old boxing gloves belonging to one of her great loves—champion pugilist Marcel Cerdan.
- Address: 5 rue Crespin du Gast, Oberkampf, Paris, 75011 | Map It
- Phone: 01–43–55–52–72
- Cost: Free, donations strongly encouraged
- Hours: Mon.–Wed. 1–6, by reservation only (no English spoken); closed Thurs.–Sun. and all of June and Sept.
- Metro Ménilmontant.
- Location: Eastern Paris
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more