- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Having restored the historic Paris bistros Aux Lyonnais and Benoît to their former glory, star chef Alain Ducasse turned his piercing attention to this seafood brasserie founded in 1925. His wisdom lies in knowing what not to change: the original Art Deco chairs in the main floor dining room; seafood shucker Malec, who has been a fixture on this chic stretch of sidewalk since 1982; and the XL éclair (it's supersize) that's drawn in locals for decades. Original owner Auguste Rech believed in serving a limited selection of high-quality products—a principle that suits Ducasse perfectly—and legendary chef Jacques Maximin is now in the kitchen, turning out Med-inspired dishes such as tomato cream with crayfish and fresh almonds or Niçoise-style sea bass with thyme fritters. Save room for the whole farmer's Camembert, another Rech tradition. A great-value €36 menu is available at lunch; the dinner menu is €54.
- Address: 62 av. des Ternes, 17e Champs-Élysées, Paris, 75017 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–72–29–47
- Website: www.restaurant-rech.fr
- Metro Ternes.
- Location: Champs-Élysées
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., late July–late Aug., and 1 wk at Christmas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more