- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Boulangerie Review
In a former bakery spruced up with a bread-theme mural, this bistro within the shabby-chic neighborhood of Ménilmontant dishes up a great-value lunch menu for €15 (two courses) or €18 (three courses). Dinner is a still-reasonable €35, and the quality of the ingredients is admirable, even if the cooking can be inconsistent. Expect seasonal dishes like squash soup with spice-bread croutons, pot-roasted veal with root vegetables, and cannelés (eggy, caramelized cakes) with jasmine ice cream made on the premises. If you're exploring the area around Père Lachaise, you'd have a hard time finding a better French eatery.
- Address: 15 rue des Panoyaux, 20e Père Lachaise, Paris, 75020 | Map It
- Phone: 01–43–58–45–45
- Metro Ménilmontant.
- Location: Père Lachaise
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., 1 wk in July, 3 wks in Aug., and 1 wk at Christmas. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My film “Napoleon Slept Here” takes you all around France, beginning and ending in Paris, with Notre Dame Cathedral, the Pompidou Center, Eiffel Tower, Napoleon’s Tomb, Sainte-Chapelle’s Read more
Two farm kid high school sweethearts celebrate 35 years of marriage in Europe. Read more
After half a dozen trips to the south of France, DH and I have decided to address the biggest wish on our bucket list, and buy a house in the Languedoc. Read more
· News & Features
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac,... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more
After four long years of renovations, Paris's Palais Galleria finally reopens its doors, treating its... Read more