- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Boulangerie Review
In a former bakery spruced up with a bread-theme mural, this bistro within the shabby-chic neighborhood of Ménilmontant dishes up a great-value lunch menu for €15 (two courses) or €18 (three courses). Dinner is a still-reasonable €35, and the quality of the ingredients is admirable, even if the cooking can be inconsistent. Expect seasonal dishes like squash soup with spice-bread croutons, pot-roasted veal with root vegetables, and cannelés (eggy, caramelized cakes) with jasmine ice cream made on the premises. If you're exploring the area around Père Lachaise, you'd have a hard time finding a better French eatery.
- Address: 15 rue des Panoyaux, 20e, Père Lachaise, Paris, 75020 | Map It
- Phone: 01-43-58-45-45
- Metro Ménilmontant.
- Location: Père Lachaise
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., 1 wk in July, 3 wks in Aug., and 1 wk at Christmas. No lunch Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Today you should wear pretty much everything you brought, and you may need to buy some more.
The temperature is 52F, winds about 15 with higher gusts. Hard rain showers interspersed with bright sun. Tomorrow Read more
May, 2013 My partner and I travelled for 14 days in Provence and Paris in May 2013. Read more
Thanks to all who helped in the planning! Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more