Fodor's Paris 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Paris - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Christophe Beaufront belongs to a generation of gifted bistro chefs who have rejected the pressure-cooker world of haute cuisine in favor of something more personal and democratic. The result: delighted and loyal customers. There's a lunch menu for €14.50 (soup, main course, glass of wine, and coffee), and the three-course dinner prix-fixe costs €33. Typical of his market-inspired cooking is his signature pot-au-feu de cochon aux épices, in which spiced pork stands in for the usual beef, and the bouillon is served separately. Homemade desserts and a good-value wine list round off a satisfying experience. Children get an especially warm welcome here. Drop into his épicerie across the street to browse the wine selection or order dinner to go, complete with a returnable cast-iron pot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After being closed for renovation since 2008, the Paris zoo finally reopened in April 2014. Just about everything was changed from ... Read more
Some of you may have read my report on our trip in 2012. So here we are again. After our last trip, I did think we may not return fo... Read more