- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Having paid his dues in the tiny kitchen of Le Temps au Temps near the Bastille, Lyonnais chef Sylvain Sendra is now happily ensconced in the spacious former premises of the noted Chez Toutoune. The once-faded surroundings have been revitalized with taupe walls, a long table d'hôtes (shared table), and a bar for solo meals or tapas-style snacks. Sendra's cooking, meanwhile, is as inspired as ever. Menu highlights include a tart of foie gras, duck confit, and nutmeg; cod poached in a vegetable and sage bouillon; and a deconstructed lemon tart with a touch of celery. A good wine list with some reasonable bottles and a well-conceived selection of wines by the glass to pair with the meal. Prices run the gamut from a €32 two-course lunch to an €85 degustation menu at dinner.
- Address: 5 rue de Pontoise, 5e Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: 01–46–33–60–11
- Website: www.restaurantitineraires.com
- Metro Maubert-Mutualité.
- Location: The Latin Quarter
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more