- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Having paid his dues in the tiny kitchen of Le Temps au Temps near the Bastille, Lyonnais chef Sylvain Sendra is now happily ensconced in the spacious former premises of the noted Chez Toutoune. The once-faded surroundings have been revitalized with taupe walls, a long table d'hôtes (shared table), and a bar for solo meals or tapas-style snacks. Sendra's cooking, meanwhile, is as inspired as ever. Menu highlights include a tart of foie gras, duck confit, and nutmeg; cod poached in a vegetable and sage bouillon; and a deconstructed lemon tart with a touch of celery. A good wine list with some reasonable bottles and a well-conceived selection of wines by the glass to pair with the meal. Prices run the gamut from a €32 two-course lunch to an €85 degustation menu at dinner.
- Address: 5 rue de Pontoise, 5e Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: 01–46–33–60–11
- Website: www.restaurantitineraires.com
- Metro Maubert-Mutualité.
- Location: The Latin Quarter
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more