La Ferrandaise Review
Portraits of cows adorn the stone walls of this bistro near the Luxembourg Gardens, hinting at the kitchen's penchant for meaty cooking (Ferrandaise is a breed of cattle). Still, there's something for every taste on the market-inspired menu, which always lists three meat and three fish mains. Dill-marinated salmon with sweet mustard sauce is a typical starter, and a thick, milk-fed veal chop might come with a squash pancake and spinach. The dining room buzzes with locals who appreciate the good-value €35 prix fixe—there is no à la carte—and the brilliant bento box–style €16 lunch menu, in which three courses are served all at once.
- Address: 8 rue de Vaugirard, 6e, St-Germain-des-Prés, Paris, 75006 | Map It
- Phone: /01–43–26–36–36
- Website: www.laferrandaise.com
- Subway: Odéon, RER: Luxembourg
- Location: St-Germain-des-Prés
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and 3 wks in Aug. No lunch Mon. and Sat.