- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel Libertel Gare de l'Est Français
At a Glance
- convenient for Eurostar travelers
- smoke-free establishment
- friendly multilingual staff
- noisy street
- unattractive neighborhood
- pricey breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Libertel Gare de l'Est Français Review
This Haussmann-era hotel facing historic Gare de l'Est is two blocks from Gare du Nord and the popular Canal St-Martin district. There's a simple elegance to this establishment, which prides itself on around-the-clock reception service, morning newspapers, and free Wi-Fi access. In warmer weather, reserve a room overlooking the inner patio. The busy neighborhood is what you'd expect for close proximity to a major railway hub;the métro station right across the street is convenient, with direct lines to Notre-Dame, the Latin Quarter, and famous flea markets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more