- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Renaissance Paris Vendôme
At a Glance
- posh location
- trendy restaurant
- full-service spa and fitness room
- as part of the Marriott group, hotel lacks authentic French character
- public lounges at times noisy
- hotel hosts business groups and events
Check Rates from our Partners
Renaissance Paris Vendôme Review
Hiding behind a classic 19th-century facade is a fresh, contemporary 6-floor hotel with subtle 1930s influences. Under a huge atrium skylight, the lobby's polished black-marble floors, hardwood furnishings, neutral fabrics, and urban chic furnishings set the mood. The small library has free Wi-Fi and a wood-burning fireplace, and the intimate Bar Chinois is decorated with elaborate Chinese wallpaper. Imported woods and black slate accent the hotel's sauna, steam room, and countercurrent swimming pool. Rooms have modern amenities like flat-screen TVs and free high-speed Internet. The marble bathrooms feature Bulgari toiletries and heated towel racks. Contemporary French and Basque-style cuisine is served in the hotel's Pinxo Restaurant.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
For anyone traveling to Paris for a short duration, hope you can benefit from our trip details.
read at: http://www.travelplannersblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/around-paris-in-three-days.html
P.S. I will be Read more
So, I did not expect to be following up my last report on this subject (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/10-days-hardly-in-paris-wandering-the-ile-de-france.cfm) so quickly, but plans for anothe Read more
I'm a solo diner at 110 Taillevant on NYE, and I'm being asked by the Maitre 'd whether I would like a table in the dining room or one in another location in the restaurant interacting with the sommeliers. Read more
· News & Features
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels ... Read more
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac,... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more