Le Café Constant
Le Café Constant Review
Parisians are a nostalgic bunch, which explains the popularity of this down-to-earth venue from esteemed chef Christian Constant. This is a relatively humble bistro with cream-color walls, red banquettes, and wooden tables, and you'll often see Constant himself perched at the bar at the end of lunch service. The menu reads like a French cookbook from the 1970s—who cooks veal cordon bleu these days?—but with Constant overseeing the kitchen, the dishes taste even better than back in the day. There's delicious and creamy lentil soup with morsels of foie gras, and the artichoke salad comes with fresh—not bottled or frozen—hearts. A towering vacherin (meringue layered with ice cream) might bring this delightfully retro meal to a close. On weekdays there is a bargain lunch menu for €16 (two courses) or €23 (three courses).
- Address: 139 rue St-Dominique, 7e, Around the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 75007 | Map It
- Phone: /01–47–53–73–34
- Website: www.cafeconstant.com
- Subway: Métro École Militaire, Métro or RER: Pont de l'Alma
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Reservations not accepted
- Credit cards accepted.