- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Timbre Review
Working in a tiny open kitchen, Manchester native Chris Wright could teach many a French chef a thing or two about la cuisine française. He uses only the finest suppliers to produce a constantly changing seasonal menu that keeps the locals coming back: in fall you might sample the cochon noir de Bigorre (a pedigreed pig from southwest France) with marinated red cabbage, or blood sausage with french fries. The signature mille-feuille is spectacular, but try not to miss le vrai et le faux fromage (literally "the real and the fake cheese"): perhaps a two-year-old British cheddar juxtaposed with a farmer's goat cheese from the Ardèche. (The joke is that the English cheese is the "real" cheese and the French cheese is fake—although French people might read it the other way.)
- Address: 3 rue Ste-Beuve, 6e Montparnasse, Paris, 75006 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–49–10–40
- Website: www.restaurantletimbre.com
- Metro Vavin.
- Location: Montparnasse
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., mid-July–mid-Aug., and 10 days at Christmas.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
For anyone traveling to Paris for a short duration, hope you can benefit from our trip details.
read at: http://www.travelplannersblog.blogspot.com/2013/12/around-paris-in-three-days.html
P.S. I will be Read more
So, I did not expect to be following up my last report on this subject (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/10-days-hardly-in-paris-wandering-the-ile-de-france.cfm) so quickly, but plans for anothe Read more
Hi all, my husband and I (both age 30) plan to take a Europe trip next summer. Read more
· News & Features
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels... Read more
France is a famous lure for its art, culture, and fine wine, and now visitors are falling for Cognac,... Read more
Choosing a destination for your honeymoon can prove nearly as challenging a task as finding "the one."... Read more