- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Timbre Review
Working in a tiny open kitchen, Manchester native Chris Wright could teach many a French chef a thing or two about cuisine française. He uses only the finest suppliers to produce a constantly changing seasonal menu that keeps the locals coming back: in fall you might sample the cochon noir de Bigorre (a pedigreed pig from southwest France) with marinated red cabbage, or blood sausage with french fries. The signature mille-feuille is spectacular, but try not to miss le vrai et le faux fromage (literally "the real and the fake cheese"): perhaps a two-year-old British cheddar juxtaposed with a farmer's goat cheese from the Ardèche. (The joke is that the English cheese is the "real" cheese and the French cheese is fake—although French people might read it the other way.)
- Address: 3 rue Ste-Beuve, 6e Montparnasse, Paris, 75006 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–49–10–40
- Website: www.restaurantletimbre.com
- Metro Vavin.
- Location: Montparnasse
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun., Mon., mid-July–mid-Aug., and 10 days at Christmas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
We are travelling around France and as part of the trip we are going to the Dordogne area for one week. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more