Fodor's Paris 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Paris - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Nicolas Flamel's Home
Nicolas Flamel's Home Review
Built in 1407 and reputed to be the oldest house in Paris (though other buildings claim that title), this abode has a mystical history. Harry Potter fans should take note: this was the real-life residence of Nicolas Flamel, the alchemist whose sorcerer's stone is the source of immortality in the popular book series. A wealthy scribe, merchant, and dabbler in the mystical arts, Flamel willed his home to the city as a dormitory for the poor, on the condition that boarders pray daily for his soul. Today, the building contains apartments and a restaurant.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After being closed for renovation since 2008, the Paris zoo finally reopened in April 2014. Just about everything was changed from ... Read more
Some of you may have read my report on our trip in 2012. So here we are again. After our last trip, I did think we may not return fo... Read more