- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Check Rates from our Partners
Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme Review
Understated luxury with a contemporary Zen vibe differentiates this Hyatt from its more classic neighbors between the Place Vendôme and Opéra Garnier. Five Haussmann-era office buildings have been converted into a showcase for polished beige limestone, mahogany veneer surfaces, and bronze sculptures. The minimalist cool vibe in the rooms extends to the Japanese-inspired spa-like baths, underfloor heating, and spacious dressing area. Spa treatments feature French Carita products, and the entire hotel is Wi-Fi accessible. Head to the Pur with its open kitchen opening up to the dining room rotunda. Enjoy an afternoon tea in La Cheminée or after-hours cocktail in artsy Le Bar.
Recently named one of eight official palace hotels in France by the French government, the elegant Vendome fits right in with its neighboring Place Vendôme and the Opéra Garnier. Behind it's lovely 19th-century façade you'll find a world-class spa, Michelin starred restaurant, and 40 stunning Ed Tuttle-designed suites. Sensual but understated, rooms have a neutral palette of silk fabrics, lacquered mahogany and bronze sculptures, and are equipped with everything from underfloor heating in the limestone bathrooms to Blu-ray DVD players. In 2011, John Nollet (hair stylist to the stars) unpacked his bags and began offer Hair Room Service in Suite 101.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 & up -- Paris: 4-Star Family Friendly Hotel thru Summer Novotel Paris Charenton
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
This is the end of my Morocco Trip Report. Read more
Last week while on a Paris bus we saw a long line of people on rue de Vaugirard waiting to get into the Musée du Luxembourg and looked on the Internet to see what that was about. Read more
Hello! Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out. ... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more