- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Violon d'Ingres
Le Violon d'Ingres Review
Following in the footsteps of Joël Robuchon and Alain Senderens, Christian Constant gave up the Michelin star chase in favor of relatively accessible prices and a packed dining room (book at least a week ahead). And with Grégory Gbiorczyk in charge of the kitchen here, Constant can dash among his four restaurants on this street, making sure the hordes are happy. Why wouldn't they be? The food is sophisticated and the atmosphere is lively; you can even find signature dishes like the almond-crusted sea bass with rémoulade sauce (a buttery caper sauce), alongside game and scallops (in season), and comforting desserts like pots de crème and chocolate tart. The food is still heavy on the butter, but with wines starting at around €25 (and a €47 lunch menu on weekdays) this is a wonderful place for a classic yet informal French meal.
- Address: 135 rue St-Dominique, 7e Around the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 75007 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–55–15–05
- Hours: 7 days a wk for lunch and dinner
- Website: www.leviolondingres.com
- Metro École Militaire.
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more