- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Le Violon d'Ingres
Le Violon d'Ingres Review
Following in the footsteps of Joël Robuchon and Alain Senderens, Christian Constant gave up the Michelin star chase in favor of relatively accessible prices and a packed dining room (book at least a week ahead). And with Jérémie Tourdjman in charge of the kitchen here, Constant can dash among his four restaurants on this street, making sure the hordes are happy. Why wouldn't they be? The food is sophisticated and the atmosphere is lively; you can even find signature dishes like the almond-crusted sea bass with rémoulade sauce (a buttery caper sauce), alongside game and scallops (in season), and comforting desserts like pots de crème and chocolate tart. The food is still heavy on the butter, but with wines starting at around €25 (and a €48 lunch menu on weekdays) this is a wonderful place for a classic yet informal French meal.
- Address: 135 rue St-Dominique, 7e, Around the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 75007 | Map It
- Phone: 01-45-55-15-05
- Hours: 7 days a wk for lunch and dinner
- Website: www.leviolondingres.com
- Metro École Militaire.
- Location: Around the Eiffel Tower
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
Today you should wear pretty much everything you brought, and you may need to buy some more.
The temperature is 52F, winds about 15 with higher gusts. Hard rain showers interspersed with bright sun. Tomorrow Read more
May, 2013 My partner and I travelled for 14 days in Provence and Paris in May 2013. Read more
Thanks to all who helped in the planning! Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more