- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Tour Montparnasse Review
One of continental Europe's tallest skyscrapers offers visitors a stupendous view of Paris from its 56th-floor observation deck, and the upwardly mobile can climb another three flights to its open-air roof terrace. Completed in 1973, the 680-foot building attracts 800,000 gawkers each year because, on a clear day, you can see for 40 km (25 miles). Well-placed plaques and a glossy brochure, "Paris Vu d'en Haut" ("Paris from on High"), explain what to look for. Have a cocktail as you drink in the view at Le Bar Américain on the 56th floor, which also serves light food, or splurge on dinner in Le Ciel de Paris restaurant. Purchase tickets online to avoid lines.
- Address: Rue de l'Arrivée, Montparnasse, Paris, 75014 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–38–52–56; 01–40–64–77–64 Le Ciel de Paris
- Cost: €14.50
- Hours: Apr.–Sept., daily 9:30 am–11:30 pm; Oct.–Mar., Sun.–Thurs. 9:30 am–10:30 pm, Fri. and Sat. 9:30 am–11 pm; last elevator 30 min before closing
- Website: www.tourmontparnasse56.com
- Metro Montparnasse Bienvenüe.
- Location: Montparnasse
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I will be going to Paris on business in early August. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more