- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Tour Montparnasse Review
One of continental Europe's tallest skyscrapers offers visitors a stupendous view of Paris from its 56th-floor observation deck, and the upwardly mobile can climb another three flights to its open-air roof terrace. Completed in 1973, the 680-foot building attracts 800,000 gawkers each year because, on a clear day, you can see for 40 km (25 miles). Well-placed plaques and a glossy brochure, "Paris Vu d'en Haut" ("Paris from on High"), explain what to look for. Have a cocktail as you drink in the view at Le Bar Américain on the 56th floor, which also serves light food, or splurge on dinner in Le Ciel de Paris restaurant. Purchase tickets online to avoid lines.
- Address: Rue de l'Arrivée, Montparnasse, Paris, 75014 | Map It
- Phone: 01–45–38–52–56; 01–40–64–77–64 Le Ciel de Paris
- Cost: €14.50
- Hours: Apr.–Sept., daily 9:30 am–11:30 pm; Oct.–Mar., Sun.–Thurs. 9:30 am–10:30 pm, Fri. and Sat. 9:30 am–11 pm; last elevator 30 min before closing
- Website: www.tourmontparnasse56.com
- Metro Montparnasse Bienvenüe.
- Location: Montparnasse
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more