- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jardin Atlantique Review
Built above the tracks of Gare Montparnasse, this park nestled among tall modern buildings is named for its assortment of trees and plants typically found in coastal regions near the Atlantic Ocean. At the far end of the garden are small twin museums devoted to World War II: the Mémorial du Maréchal-Leclerc, named for the liberator of Paris, and the adjacent Musée Jean-Moulin, devoted to the leader of the French Resistance. Both feature memorabilia and share a common second floor showing photos and video footage (with English subtitles) of the final days of the war. Entrance is free, though temporary exhibitions cost a few euros. In the center of the park, what looks like a quirky piece of metallic sculpture is actually a meteorological center, with a battery of flickering lights reflecting temperature, wind speed, and monthly rainfall.
- Address: 1 pl. des Cinq-Martyrs-du-Lycée-Buffon, Montparnasse, Paris, 75014 | Map It
- Phone: 01–40–64–39–44
- Hours: Jardin Mon.–Fri. 8–dusk, Sat.–Sun. 9–dusk (hrs vary depending on season); museums Tues.–Sun. 10–6
- Website: www.equipement.paris.fr
- Metro Montparnasse Bienvenüe.
- Location: Montparnasse
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more