Fodor's Paris 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload Paris - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
La Grande Mosquée de Paris
La Grande Mosquée de Paris Review
This awe-inspiring white mosque, built between 1922 and 1926, has tranquil arcades and a minaret decorated in the style of Moorish Spain. Enjoy sweet mint tea and an exotic pastry in the charming courtyard tea salon or tuck into some couscous in the restaurant. Prayer rooms are not open to the public. But there are inexpensive—and quite rustic—hammams, or Turkish steam baths, with scrubs and massages on offer (women only; check website for prices).
- Address: 2 bis pl. du Puits de l'Ermite, entrance to tea salon and restaurant at 39 rue Geoffroy Saint-Hillaire, Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: /01–43–31–38–20; /
- Hours: Sat.–Thurs. 9 am–noon and 2 pm–7 pm (until 6 in winter); closed Fri.
- Website: www.la-mosquee.com
- Subway: Pl. Monge
- Location: The Latin Quarter
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After being closed for renovation since 2008, the Paris zoo finally reopened in April 2014. Just about everything was changed from ... Read more
Some of you may have read my report on our trip in 2012. So here we are again. After our last trip, I did think we may not return fo... Read more