- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
La Grande Mosquée de Paris
La Grande Mosquée de Paris Review
This awe-inspiring white mosque, built between 1922 and 1926, has tranquil arcades and a minaret decorated in the style of Moorish Spain. Enjoy sweet mint tea and an exotic pastry in the charming courtyard tea salon or tuck into some couscous in the restaurant. Prayer rooms are not open to the public. But there are inexpensive—and quite rustic—hammams, or Turkish steam baths, with scrubs and massages on offer (women only; check website for prices).
- Address: 2 bis pl. du Puits de l'Ermite, entrance to tea salon and restaurant at 39 rue Geoffroy Saint-Hillaire Latin Quarter, Paris, 75005 | Map It
- Phone: 01–43–31–38–20
- Hours: Sat.–Thurs. 9 am–noon and 2 pm–7 pm (until 6 in winter); closed Fri.
- Website: www.la-mosquee.com
- Metro Pl. Monge.
- Location: The Latin Quarter
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We took a long weekend in Paris at the end of March. Read more
My wife and I are looking to travel to the following destination August 2015. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more