- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Arènes de Lutèce (Lutetia Amphitheater)
Arènes de Lutèce (Lutetia Amphitheater) Review
This Roman amphitheater, designed as a theater and circus, was almost completely destroyed by barbarians in AD 280. The site was rediscovered in 1869, and you can still see part of the stage and tiered seating. Along with the remains of the baths at Cluny, the arena constitutes rare evidence of the powerful Roman city of Lutetia that flourished on the Rive Gauche in the 3rd century. It's a favorite spot for picnicking, pickup soccer, or boules.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
It might be a bit cruel to show something that nobody will ever see again, but I thought it might be useful to show how alert one must be to capture brief events in Paris (or anywhere else) that can be Read more
We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more