- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Petit Palais, Musée des Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris
Petit Palais, Musée des Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris Review
The Petit Palais, the city's fine art musuem, has a small, overlooked collection of excellent painting, sculpture, and objets d'art, with works by Monet, Gaughin, and Courbet, among others. Temporary exhibitions, beefed up in recent years (and often free), are particularly good, especially those dedicated to photography. The building, like the Grand Palais across the street, is a frothy concoction of marble, glass, and gilt built for the 1900 World's Fair, with huge windows overlooking the Seine. Outside, keep an eye out for two eye-catching sculptures: French World War I hero Georges Clemenceau, facing the Champs-Élysées; and Jean Cardot's resolute image of Winston Churchill, facing the Seine.
- Address: Av. Winston Churchill, Champs-Élysées, Paris, 75008 | Map It
- Phone: 01-53-43-40-00
- Cost: Permanent collection free; temporary exhibit entry fees vary
- Hours: Tues.--Sun. 10--6, Thurs. until 8 for temporary exhibits; closed Mon.
- Website: www.petitpalais.paris.fr
- Metro Champs-Élysées--Clemenceau.
- Location: Champs-Élysées
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe French & Italian Riviera Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises
Sometimes things happen that makes one wonder if fate is conspiring against a trip. Read more
Above is a blog that I hope will be entertaining and helpful to anyone who might be interested in backpacking across the continent. This is specifically for anyone who's Read more
Going to Amsterdam 30 2 days of may then driving down to Schwabis Hall Germany for 1 or 2 days have 5 days to fill flying back out of Amsterdam was thinking France ( Nancy ) Luxemburg then Belgum back to Read more
· News & Features
The bistro scene in Paris is as hot as ever, with endless worthy newcomers to scope out.... Read more
Springtime in Paris is legendary—the stuff of song lyrics, poems, and movie titles.... Read more
Paris is one of the world's most visited cities for good reason—it has more great food, style, history,... Read more