- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- special location
- close to major métro station
- great nightlife district
- thin walls
- single rooms are very small
- few amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Chopin Review
A unique mainstay of the district, the Chopin recalls its 1846 birth date with a creaky-floored lobby and aged woodwork. Basic but comfortable rooms overlook the atmospheric Passage Jouffroy's quaint toy shops and bookstores. Top floor rooms gaze out over the rooftops of Paris, but none face the busy streets. The best rooms end in "7" (No. 407 has a view of the Grévin Wax Museum's ateliers), whereas those ending in "2" tend to be darkest and smallest (but also the cheapest).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
The facts: Family of four with 18yo son and 9yo daughter who has celiac (must be gluten-free) will be in Paris August 3-16. Read more
· News & Features
Tired of following the pack? ... Read more
The City of Light is a must-see destination this spring, with a flurry of top-tier museum shows, dining... Read more
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history.... Read more