- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's Paris 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Hôtel Saint Jacques
At a Glance
- unique Parisian decor
- close to Latin Quarter sights
- free Wi-Fi
- busy street makes it noisy in summer
- thin walls between rooms
- decor need refurbishment
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel Saint Jacques Review
Nearly every wall in this Latin Quarter hotel is bedecked with faux-marble and trompe-l'oeil murals. As in many older Paris hotels, each room is unique, but Second Empire furnishings and paintings dominate. A Montmartre cabaret atmosphere enlivens the breakfast room. Wi-Fi is available in the lounge bar. About half the rooms have tiny step-out balconies that give a glimpse of Notre-Dame and the Panthéon. Room No. 25 has a wraparound balcony, and No. 16 is popular for its historic ceiling fresco and moldings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I have been planning this trip for over a year and a half. Read more
· News & Features
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. ... Read more
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants... Read more
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City o... Read more