- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Canal St-Martin, Bastille, and Oberkampf include the 10e, 11e, 12e, 19e, and 20e arrondissements. The Bastille métro stop, on the 1, 5, and 8 lines, is a good place to start. For Canal St-Martin, use the Place de la République stop (lines 3, 5, 8, 9, 11) and walk along Rue Faubourg du Temple, or go to Gare de l'Est stop (lines 4, 5, 7) and walk along Rue des Récollets to the canal. For Oberkampf, go to the Parmentier stop on the 3 line or the Oberkampf stop on the 9. For the Cimetière Père Lachaise, take the 3 to the eponymous stop.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off Windstar Cruises