- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Making the Most of Your Time
The Canal St-Martin is one of the city's most popular destinations, particularly on Sunday afternoon, when the streets are closed to cars. Have lunch in one of the cafés, grab a Vélib' rental bike and head to Parc de la Villette, or take a canal boat tour. A Sunday-morning stop at the picturesque Marché Aligre is also recommended, even if you're not buying. The heaps of fresh produce and colorful flowers hawked by excited vendors are worth seeing. On any day the Place de la Bastille is a lively place to stop for drinks or lunch; if time is limited, reserve this neighborhood for after dark, when the streets around Place de la Bastille and Oberkampf really come to life.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's