- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The Champs-Élysées. One of the best times to stroll the wide sidewalks of this famous avenue is at dusk as the famous lights are coming on. Great if you can splurge in the upscale boutiques on and around the avenue, but many will, instead, practice the fine Parisian art of lèche-vitrines, or window shopping (literally, "window licking").
Palais de Chaillot. A favorite of fashion photographers, this statue-lined plaza-terrace at the Place du Trocadéro boasts the city's best view of the Eiffel Tower.
Musée Guimet. One of the city's finest smaller museums with a world-class collection of art from all over Asia. Don't miss the rare Khmer sculptures from Cambodia.
A macaron from Ladurée. Is it worth lining up for 30 minutes for a little taste of heaven? It's up to you to decide, but rest assured that the macarons (meringue cookies) made by this famous pâtissier since 1862 are as good as ever. They come in more than two-dozen flavors.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe