- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Musée du Louvre. The world's first great art museum is worth a long visit to see some of the most renowned works of art, from the serenely smirking Mona Lisa to the statuesque Venus de Milo.
Tuileries to Place de la Concorde. For centuries, Parisians and visitors alike have strolled the length of this magnificent garden to the gold-tipped obelisk at the Place de la Concorde.
Galerie Vivienne. The prettiest 19th-century glass-roofed shopping arcade left in Paris, this passage is worth a stop for shopping, lunch, or afternoon tea.
Palais-Royal. Visit these arcades and the romantic garden and understand why the French writer Colette called the view from her window "a little corner of the country."
Rue Montorgueil. This historic market street, lined with food shops and cafés, is at the heart of one of the city's trendiest neighborhoods.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe