- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Le Fleur de Sel
Le Fleur de Sel Review
A low-beamed 16th-century fisherman's house provides the cozy atmosphere for chef Vincent's Guyon's locally influenced cuisine, centered on the daily catch. The ambitious menu usually includes at least five different fish dishes—presented with artistic panache—along with plenty of grilled meats, like salt-marsh lamb or pigeon. For starters, the oyster ravioli with a butternut mousse and chestnut foam, draws raves; it might be followed by a delicately crusted salmon with leeks in an almond vinaigrette and fromage blanc. Three fixed-price menus ($$$–$$$$) assure a splendid meal on any budget. Be sure to save room for one of the masterful desserts or an informed cheese course.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Hi we are an Australian family of 2 adults and 2 children (11 and 8) who are planning on visiting family in Malta and incorporating a 5 week European holiday( as it is very expensive for 4 of us to fly Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more