- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
There are two routes to Mont-St-Michel, depending on whether you arrive from Caen or from Paris. From Caen you can take either an early-morning or an afternoon train to Pontorson (2 hrs, €24.70), the nearest station; then it's another 15 minutes to the foot of the abbey by bus or taxi. (Both leave from in front of the station.) From Paris, take the TGV from Gare Montparnasse to Rennes, then take a Courriers Bretons bus (02–99–19–70–80). The total journey takes 3 hours, 20 minutes (€42). There are three trains daily, but the only one that allows you a full day on the Mont leaves at 6:35 am and arrives at 9:55 am. The other options are 11:05 (arriving 3:13 pm) and 1:05 pm (arriving 5:04 pm).
Mont-St-Michel Tourist Office (Corps de Garde, Bd. Avancée, Le Mont St Michel, 50170. 02–33–60–14–30. www.ot-montsaintmichel.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's