- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Sports and the Outdoors
Club Nautique de Trouville. Sailing boats large and small can be rented from the Club Nautique de Trouville. Digue des Roches Noires, Deauville-Trouville, 14800. 02-31-88-13-59. www.cnth.org.
Hippodrome de Deauville—La Touques. Deauville becomes Europe's horse capital in August, when breeders jet in from around the world for its yearling auctions and the races at its two attractive hippodromes. Afternoon horse races are held in the heart of Deauville at the Hippodrome de Deauville—La Toques. Blvd. Mauger, Deauville-Trouville, 14800. 02–31–14–20–00.
Hippodrome de Deauville Clairefontaine. Horse races and polo can be seen most summer afternoons at the Hippodrome de Deauville Clairefontaine. Rte. de Clairefontaine, Deauville-Trouville, 14800. 02–31–14–69–00. www.hippodrome-deauville-clairefontaine.com.
Poney Club. Head for the Poney Club for a wonderful horseback ride on the beach (the sunsets can be spectacular). It's open weekends and holidays, but be sure to call early to reserve a horse, or a pony for your little one. Rue Reynoldo-Hahn, Deauville-Trouville, 14800. 02–31–98–56–24.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's