- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Twin towns on the beach, divided only by the River Touques, Deauville and Trouville compete for the title of Most Extravagant Norman Town. In the 19th century, there were no more fashionable towns than these two, but by the 20th they were both overbuilt to such an extent that their charm was sadly diminished. Deauville, especially, has been the victim of its own success—its main avenue on the sea is now one solid wall of apartment buildings.
Deauville-Trouville at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Normandy
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's