- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Trains from Paris (Gare St-Lazare) leave for Caen every two hours or so (€31.20); the 241-km (150-mile) trip takes less than two hours. Some trains continue to Bayeux (2 hrs, €35). Several trains daily link Caen to Rouen (90 mins, €26.70) and St-Lô (45 mins, €13.50). Bus Verts du Calvados (08–10–21–42–14 www.busverts.fr) operates buses every two hours or so from the Caen train station to Le Havre (2 hrs, 15 mins; €11.40) via Deauville (75 mins, €5.80) and Honfleur (1 hr, 45 mins; €7.90).
Caen Tourist Office (Pl. du Canada, Caen, 14000. 02–31–27–90–30. www.tourisme.caen.fr.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe