- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Buses from Lyon and Grenoble thoroughly and efficiently serve the region's smaller towns. Many ski centers, such as Chamonix, have shuttle buses connecting them with surrounding villages. Tourist destinations, such as Annecy, have convenient bus links with Grenoble. Grenoble's Gare Routière (11 pl. de la Gare38000 04–76–87–90–31 www.transisere.fr) is the place to catch buses to Annecy (1 hr, 40 mins; €12.45), Alpe d'Huez (1 hr, 30 mins; €10.75), Chamrousse (1 hr, 15 mins; €9.75), and Megève (2 hrs, 25 mins; €24). As for Alpine villages, regional buses head out from the main train stations at Annecy, Chambéry, Megève, and Grenoble.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's