One of Lyon's Paul Bocuse four brasseries, the elegant L'Est is set in the 19th-century Belle Époque Brotteaux train station and cooks up a travel theme, thanks to a fish-centric menu that includes flavors from the world over—Cantonese rice with jumbo shrimp and squid, house-smoked Scottish salmon, curried cod with coconut milk and coriander, copious seafood platters—and a setting flavored with railroad memorabilia and a soupçon of nostalgia.
riz cantonais aux gambas et calamars, l'escalope de veau méditéranéenne offrent chacun une ballade gustative au bout du monde. L'hiver, les huîtres et autres coquillages sont dressés sur des plateaux à consommer sur place ou à emporter.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
After being closed for renovation since 2008, the Paris zoo finally reopened in April 2014. Just about everything was changed from ... Read more
Some of you may have read my report on our trip in 2012. So here we are again. After our last trip, I did think we may not return fo... Read more