- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Le Palegrié Review
A shining example of the bistronomie movement that's sweeping France, chef Guillaume Monjuré's sophisticated, fastidiously sourced cuisine is earning accolades from all quarters. Modest wooden tables and a spare decor belie a rich fare that is rooted firmly in the bistro lexicon, yet imaginatively, if not thrillingly updated. Dishes like risotto perfumed with saffron and anise or mackerel with quinoa and fennel attest to this up-and-coming chef's imagination and flair. The excellent-value three-course lunch menu (€22.50) is the perfect introduction to his ambitious cuisine.
- Address: 8 rue Palais-Grillet, 2e Presqu'île, Lyon, 69002
- Phone: 04–78–92–94–84
- Location: Lyon
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
I'll be arriving at CDG around 9 AM., and am staying at a hotel in the 7th district . On previous trips I've successfully used the RER and the Air France Bus when staying in the 6th or in Montparnasse. Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming ... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more