- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Hôtel du Palais de l'Isle
At a Glance
- contemporary Starck interiors in a vintage building
- Annecy's most historic location
- all but the largest, most expensive rooms are somewhat cramped
- overpriced breakfast
- difficult to access by car
Check Rates from our Partners
Hôtel du Palais de l'Isle Review
Steps away from the lake, in the heart of Old Annecy, this delightful small hotel directly overlooks one of the most enchanting corners of town (if not Europe). Guest rooms have views of the "prow" of magical Palais de l'Isle, and, without destroying the building's ancient feel, they have a cheery, contemporary look thanks to their Philippe Starck furnishings; rooms, however, are on the small size as reflected by the rates. Though the area is pedestrian-only, you can drive up to unload luggage by buzzing the intercom and requesting that they lower the bollard at the entrance to Rue Perrière.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi expert travelers to Italy/France!
I would like to take a trip to Italy and Paris in the fall. I'd like to start in Rome and end in Paris. In Italy I'd like to go to Rome, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more