- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
At a Glance
- relaxed and unpretentious
- first-rate fare and wine list
- convenient to surrounding vineyards
- rooms are small and range from undistinguished to downright dowdy
Check Rates from our Partners
Guest rooms here are decorated in contemporary style, but the real draw is the dining room (closed Monday; no dinner Sunday), where chef-owner Bernard Mathé invents variations on traditional French dishes: among them, smoked duck cutlet in lentil stew and lamb with eggplant in anchovy butter. The number of desserts is overwhelming, but pistachio cake with bitter chocolate is the clear winner. Reservations are essential for the restaurant.
- Address: Rte. Nationale 86, Serrières, 07340 | Map It
- Phone: 04–75–34–00–07
- Website: www.hotel-schaeffer.com
- Location: Serrières
- 15 rooms.
- Closed Sun. dinner and Mon. Sept.–June, Tues.; no lunch Sat. year-round. Closed 2 wks Jan., 3 wks Aug., and 1st weekend in Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more