- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
At a Glance
- relaxed and unpretentious
- first-rate fare and wine list
- convenient to surrounding vineyards
- rooms are small and range from undistinguished to downright dowdy
Check Rates from our Partners
Guest rooms here are decorated in contemporary style, but the real draw is the dining room (closed Monday; no dinner Sunday), where chef-owner Bernard Mathé invents variations on traditional French dishes: among them, smoked duck cutlet in lentil stew and lamb with eggplant in anchovy butter. The number of desserts is overwhelming, but pistachio cake with bitter chocolate is the clear winner. Reservations are essential for the restaurant.
- Address: Rte. Nationale 86, Serrières, 07340 | Map It
- Phone: 04–75–34–00–07
- Website: www.hotel-schaeffer.com
- Location: Serrières
- 15 rooms.
- Closed Sun. dinner and Mon. Sept.–June, Tues.; no lunch Sat. year-round. Closed 2 wks Jan., 3 wks Aug., and 1st weekend in Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
My boyfriend and I are looking to spend about 4 weeks traveling through France at the end of May/month of June. Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more