- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
At a Glance
- relaxed and unpretentious
- first-rate fare and wine list
- convenient to surrounding vineyards
- rooms are small and range from undistinguished to downright dowdy
Check Rates from our Partners
Guest rooms here are decorated in contemporary style, but the real draw is the dining room (closed Monday; no dinner Sunday), where chef-owner Bernard Mathé invents variations on traditional French dishes: among them, smoked duck cutlet in lentil stew and lamb with eggplant in anchovy butter. The number of desserts is overwhelming, but pistachio cake with bitter chocolate is the clear winner. Reservations are essential for the restaurant.
- Address: Rte. Nationale 86, Serrières, 07340 | Map It
- Phone: 04–75–34–00–07
- Website: www.hotel-schaeffer.com
- Location: Serrières
- 15 rooms.
- Closed Sun. dinner and Mon. Sept.–June, Tues.; no lunch Sat. year-round. Closed 2 wks Jan., 3 wks Aug., and 1st weekend in Nov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming ... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more