- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Centre d'Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation (Museum of the History of the Resistance and the Deportation)
Centre d'Histoire de la Résistance et de la Déportation (Museum of the History of the Resistance and the Deportation) Review
During World War II, especially after 1942, Lyon played an important role in the Resistance movement against the German occupation of France. Newly renovated displays include equipment, such as radios and printing presses, photographs, and exhibits re-creating the clandestine lives and heroic exploits of Resistance fighters.
- Address: 14 av. Berthelot, Part-Dieu, Lyon, 69003 | Map It
- Phone: 04–78–72–23–11
- Cost: €4, €7 guided tour (requires reservation); prices subject to change
- Hours: Currently closed for renovation, due to reopen fall 2012. Usual hours: Wed.–Fri. 9–5:30, weekends 9:30–6
- Website: www.chrd.lyon.fr
- Location: Presqu'île and the Croix Rousse District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Reviewed by my friend and Fodorite, Toupary.
Hungry for Paris is the new edition.
http://bonjourparis.com/story/hungry-france-adventures-cook-food-lover-book-alex/ Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more