- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
La Mâchonnerie Review
The verb mâchonner (to bite, gnaw, or chew) derives from the morning snack of Lyon's iconic silk weavers and has come to mean the typical food of the Lyon region. This respected bistro, which specializes in it, is found under the ficelle, or "string," as the funicular up to the Fourvière hill is called. Try the pot au feu (meat and vegetable stew) or the blanquette de veau (veal stewed in white sauce).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
Hi expert travelers to Italy/France!
I would like to take a trip to Italy and Paris in the fall. I'd like to start in Rome and end in Paris. In Italy I'd like to go to Rome, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more