- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
At a Glance
- lovely village with pretty views and walks
- classic cuisine and outstanding wine cellar
- tasteful rooms
- lovely grounds
- not handy to the cultural attractions of Grenoble's old town
- tricky driving directions from Grenoble
Check Rates from our Partners
It's worth the drive to this ivy-covered mansion-hotel, where elegant, spacious guest rooms overlook the meadows and forests that lie beyond the lush garden and pool; it's also home to a celebrated restaurant, where your rewards include a wonderfully wicked and wholly delicious lobster smothered in black truffles, or—once the watchful eye of the delightful Danièle Chavant sizes you up—perhaps the unforgettable civet de biche en robe d'automne (venison with apples, potatoes, and turnips in a daube sauce). The dining room is closed Saturday lunch, Sunday dinner, and Monday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Most of the towns along the northern coastline of France were destroyed during WW2, but there is at least one notable exception -- the town of Mers-les-Bains in Picardy, which displays one of the most amazing Read more
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
I know this is a long shot however, Im wondering if someone can offer up any advice?
My friend and I will be in Europe for about 3 month's, the main places we are going are
Barcelona, Ibiza, Nice France, Read more
· News & Features
Paris to Provence...You may think you've seen it all in France, but you'd be sorely mistaken. From charming... Read more
Fodors.com caught up with renowned author Jay McInerney on the heels of his latest book launch to ge... Read more