- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Driving is by far the best and most beautiful way to get to Megève. From Grenoble to Megève the journey takes about 2½ hours whether via Annecy or Albertville. The Annecy route is safer, but the Albertville route through the Gorges d'Árly is more beautiful. SNCF rail connections (www.sncf.fr) from Annecy to Megéve (1 hr, 31 mins; €16.50) are routed to Sallanches (12 km [8 miles] away). Shuttle buses connect Sallanches and Megève (18 mins, €5.50). Direct TCG buses leave Grenoble's Gare Routière for Megève every evening at 6:35 (2 hrs, 25 mins; €24.80).
Megève Tourist Office (Rue Monseigneur Conseil, Megève, 74120. 04–50–21–27–28. www.megeve.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe