- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
To get between the Aéroport-Lyon-Saint-Exupéry and downtown Lyon take the Satobus (04–72–68–72–17), a shuttle bus that goes to the city center between 5 am and 9 pm and to the train station between 6 am and 11 pm; journey time is 35–45 minutes, and the fare is €9.60. Lyon has three major train stations—two in town and a third at the Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport, making it a major hub for transportation in the region. To get here by car, take A6 south from Paris 463 km (287 miles). The city's squeaky-clean and efficient subway gets you from one end of town to the other in 5 to 10 minutes. Four métro lines and three tramway lines crisscross the city. A single ticket costs €1.75, and a 10-ticket book is €14.50. Both 2-hour and evening passes cost €2.65. A day "Liberté" pass for bus and métro is €5 (available from bus drivers and the automated machines in the métro).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's