Lyon and the Alps Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Lyon and the Alps Hotel Reviews
Hotels, inns, bed-and-breakfasts, gîtes d'étapes (hikers' way stations), and chambres d'hôte (bed-and-breakfasts) run the gamut from grande luxe to spartanly rustic in this multifaceted region embracing ultraurban chic in Lyon as well as ski huts in the Alps. Lyon accommodations range from guest rooms with panoramic views high in the hilltop Croix Rousse district to chic hotels in Vieux Lyon. The Alps, of course, are well furnished with top hotels, especially in Grenoble and the time-honored ski resorts such as Chamonix and Megève. Many hotels expect you to have at least your evening meal there, especially in summer; in winter they up the ante and hope travelers will take all three meals.
Browse Lyon and the Alps Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe