- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Autocars du Rhône. Autocars du Rhône (lines 161 and 164) connects Lyon with Villefranche-sur-Saône with multiple connections to surrounding towns.
SNCF. For the Beaujolais wine country, most people take the train to the station on the Place de la Gare in Villefranche-sur-Saône, 31 km (19 miles) north of Lyon, where trains to smaller towns are available. SNCF trains link Lyon Part-Dieu with Villefranche-sur-Saône (26 mins, €8.05). 36 35. www.sncf.fr.
Beaujolais Tourist Office (96 rue de la Sous-Préfecture, Villefranche, 69400. 04–74–07–27–40. www.villefranche-beaujolais.fr.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's