- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Alliance Autos. has bilingual guides who give private tours of the Paris area in a luxury car or minibus for a minimum of four hours for about €80 an hour (3–8 people; call to check details and prices). 149 rue de Charonne, Paris, 75011. 01–55–25–23–23.
Pariscityvision. This company provides guided excursions by coach to Giverny, Auvers-sur-Oise, Versailles, Vaux le Vicomte, Fontainebleau, and Barbizon, or combinations of two or three destinations (€54–€142). Some excursions are offered year-round, but most are from April through October. It also offers half- and full-day excursions by minibus (maximum eight people) to Giverny and Fontainebleau/Barbizon/Vaux le Vicomte from April through October, and to Versailles year-round (€72–€215). 2 rue des Pyramides, Paris, 75001. 01–44–55–60–00. www.pariscityvision.com.
Euroscope. Take minibus excursions to Versailles (€82 half day; €145 full day) and Giverny, or a combination of Giverny/Auvers-sur-Oise, Fontainebleau/Barbizon, Vaux le Vicomte, and Rambouillet. You can also choose a combination of all four (€84 half day; €158 full day with lunch), as well as half-day tours of Chantilly and half- or full-day tours of Chartres, or a combination of Chartes/Versailles (€99–€165). 46 rue de Provence, Paris, 75009. 01–56–03–56–81. www.euroscope.fr.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe