- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Although many of the major sights have train lines connecting them on direct routes with Paris, the lesser towns and destinations pose more of a problem and require taking a local bus run by SNCF (36–35 [€0.34 per min] www.transilien.com) from the train station (gare). These include getting to Senlis from the Chantilly Gare SNCF, to Fontainebleau and Barbizon from the Avon Gare SNCF, to Vaux-le-Vicomte from the Melun Gare SNCF, or to Giverny from the Vernon Gare SNCF. Other buses travel outward from Paris's suburbs—the No. 158A bus, for instance, which goes from La Défense to St-Germain-en-Laye and Rueil-Malmaison.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's