- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
La Villa Marinette
La Villa Marinette Review
In an atmospheric 18th-century villa at the edge of the forest, husband and wife team Myriam and Sébastien Bourgeois welcome diners as though entertaining in their own home. Dishes like venison with celery-root mousseline, plump langoustine baked in a pistachio and lemon crust, or veal with wild mushrooms gathered in the nearby forest are prepared with herbs fresh from the kitchen garden. Tables by the fire in winter or in the spacious garden in warm weather are at a premium, and the good-value, three-course lunch menu (€29) is a big draw, so be sure to reserve.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent a week at the end of May exploring the Dordogne from a base near Sarlat-la-Canéda. Read more
Bikerscott and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary in Paris last weekend and thought I would share our pictures and restaurants.
We usually stay in the 11th but I have always wanted to try Le Marais Read more
Advantages and Disadvantages please and comparison in all areas for six month holiday rental??? Feb to July. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more