- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
La Table Saint Just
La Table Saint Just Review
A pleasing mix of ancient and modern, this colorful, light-filled restaurant, with high-beamed ceilings and limestone walls hung with contemporary art and "candeliers," was once a farmstead on the grounds of the nearby Château de Vaux-le-Pénil. Isabelle and Fabrice Vitu's warm welcome, and Michelin-starred cuisine, are the real draws, and locals and Parisians alike appreciate the refined menu with a surprising twist on French classics and plenty of delicacies from the sea. Scallops on a bed of Puy lentils; crisp veal foot in a smoked-eel emulsion; succulent John Dory with braised salsify and truffles. Be sure to save room for a sublime caramel mousse or warm Grand Marnier soufflé, a house specialty. The four-course tasting menu (€95) is the best value; the truffle menu is a good deal more pricey.
- Address: 11 rue de la Libération, 6 km (4 miles) southwest of Vaux-leVicomte; 13 km (8 miles) northwest of Barbizon Vaux-le-Pénil, 77000 | Map It
- Phone: 01–64–52–09–09
- Website: www.restaurant-latablesaintjust.com
- Location: Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and 1 wk in Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more