- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
La Table Saint Just
La Table Saint Just Review
A pleasing mix of ancient and modern, this colorful, light-filled restaurant, with high-beamed ceilings and limestone walls hung with contemporary art and "candeliers," was once a farmstead on the grounds of the nearby Château de Vaux-le-Pénil. Isabelle and Fabrice Vitu's warm welcome, and Michelin-starred cuisine, are the real draws, and locals and Parisians alike appreciate the refined menu with a surprising twist on French classics and plenty of delicacies from the sea. Scallops on a bed of Puy lentils; crisp veal foot in a smoked-eel emulsion; succulent John Dory with braised salsify and truffles. Be sure to save room for a sublime caramel mousse or warm Grand Marnier soufflé, a house specialty. The four-course tasting menu (€95) is the best value; the truffle menu is a good deal more pricey.
- Address: 11 rue de la Libération, 6 km (4 miles) southwest of Vaux-leVicomte; 13 km (8 miles) northwest of Barbizon Vaux-le-Pénil, 77000 | Map It
- Phone: 01–64–52–09–09
- Website: www.restaurant-latablesaintjust.com
- Location: Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun., Mon., and holidays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
WARNING: This trip report will be dry (not as in witty, but as in the text book you repeatedly drooled over in college), possibly long-winded, and totally ignore most restaurants in Paris. Read more
This is an overdue Trip Report. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more