- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Les Prémices Review
Adjoining the property of the stately 17th-century Château de Bourron, in the heart of the Forest of Fontainebleau, this lovely restaurant is well worth the short trip out of town. Bright and airy, with an open terrace in warm weather, the elegant dining room shows meticulous attention to detail—from the crisp table linens to the stylish flower arrangements—all the better to highlight chef Dominique Maes's sophisticated French fare. A starter of piquant rabbit farci, served alongside velvety tapenade and candied tomatoes, followed by a sublimely succulent hen, fattened on the salt flats of the Mont-St-Michel bay and infused with lemon thyme and white truffles, will barely leave room for the beautifully displayed local artisanal cheeses. The six-course tasting menu—with wine pairings at an extra cost—is the best deal, allowing for a well-rounded sampling of this talented chef's inventive cuisine.
- Address: 12 bis rue Blaise de Montesquiou, 8 km (5 miles) south of Fontainebleau via D607Bourron-Marlotte, 77780 | Map It
- Phone: 01-64-78-33-00
- Website: www.restaurant-les-premices.com
- Location: Fontainebleau
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Mon., Tues., and Dec. 19--Jan. 5; no dinner Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 & up -- Paris: 4-Star Family Friendly Hotel thru Summer Novotel Paris Charenton
- $1699 & up -- London, Paris & Rome 9 Nts. w/Air & Train Europe Express
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
This is the end of my Morocco Trip Report. Read more
Last week while on a Paris bus we saw a long line of people on rue de Vaugirard waiting to get into the Musée du Luxembourg and looked on the Internet to see what that was about. Read more
Here comes my next question... We have a flight out on a Wednesday morning at 8am. How early should we be at the airport - 2 or 3 hours before our flight? (It goes to Frankfurt).
That said, we Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more