- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Fodor's France 2014
Les Prémices Review
Adjoining the property of the stately 17th-century Château de Bourron, in the heart of the Forest of Fontainebleau, this lovely restaurant is well worth the short trip out of town. Bright and airy, with an open terrace in warm weather, the elegant dining room shows meticulous attention to detail—from the crisp table linens to the stylish flower arrangements—all the better to highlight chef Dominique Maes's sophisticated French fare. A starter of piquant rabbit farci, served alongside velvety tapenade and candied tomatoes, followed by a sublimely succulent hen, fattened on the salt flats of the Mont-St-Michel bay and infused with lemon thyme and white truffles, will barely leave room for the beautifully displayed local artisanal cheeses. The six-course tasting menu—with wine pairings at an extra cost—is the best deal, allowing for a well-rounded sampling of this talented chef's inventive cuisine.
- Address: 12 bis rue Blaise de Montesquiou, 8 km (5 miles) south of Fontainebleau via D607 Bourron-Marlotte, 77780 | Map It
- Phone: 01–64–78–33–00
- Website: www.restaurant-les-premices.com
- Location: Fontainebleau
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Mon., Tues., and Dec. 19–Jan. 5; no dinner Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In my wildest dream, i would never have guessed that my favorite niece and I would celebrate out big birthdays on the same year, or that we would do it in Paris in September!
She has always had a fascinated Read more
Hi we are just back so I am going to start a bit as I remember things! Read more
I am already doing the research on this, and have some ideas. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more